Sunday, June 20, 2010

Airborne: a personal challenge overcome.

Did you know that there is a whole subculture of framers out there? If you know what conservation glass and non-acidic double sided tape are, chances are you are part of this group.

Paul Rose, Charity, and I went down to the arts and crafts center last weekend at Ft Belvoir army post. I wanted to somehow frame my pride in completing the airborne course. I wanted something that I could remember the 3 weeks that I spent at Ft Benning, Ga.

I find that some of the most rewarding parts of my life are moments in time when I’m asked to stretch myself, go further than I thought ever possible. The stretching is almost always accompanied by pain and doubt. My mission and parts of dental school readily come to mind as examples. However, when I look back on these particularly challenging parts of my life – I look back with gratitude.

It’s hard to frame my pain and doubt from airborne. Starting from day one at airborne school, I had some serious doubts if I could really make it through. The most difficult challenge was having to deal with mild pain on a regular basis. Running with knee pain is horrible. When your body is shouting out you to stop doing something, it’s very easy to listen. However, with my airborne wings in the balance, I decided to ignore my body for a short moment and carry on. I’m glad that I did.





1 comment:

Unknown said...

So proud of you for your acomplishments! But please don't do anything this crazy anymore!!!
Love you,the fam.