A few nights ago I was waiting for the sun to set and the moon to take over. I wanted to get that perfect picture where the moon was rising over the mosque located here on base. While i was waiting for this perfect moment, i wondered over to the fence that divides us from them and them from us. The end of the base, what most people here call the wire. Armed with nothing but my Canon Xti (i left my weapon in my CHU), i approached the fence with caution. I've been out to fence line only once before - at that time, it was midday and people where out there going about their business, mostly plowing the earth, pretending that we weren't invading anyone's privacy. But this time was different. This time it was dusk - which is prime time for mortar attacks. (insurgents use the blanket of the falling night to slip away after launching a mortar or two). Despite this, i couldn't resist getting a couple of snaps with my camera before heading back to the mosque. Here's what i came up with.
Friday, August 21, 2009
The Wire
A few nights ago I was waiting for the sun to set and the moon to take over. I wanted to get that perfect picture where the moon was rising over the mosque located here on base. While i was waiting for this perfect moment, i wondered over to the fence that divides us from them and them from us. The end of the base, what most people here call the wire. Armed with nothing but my Canon Xti (i left my weapon in my CHU), i approached the fence with caution. I've been out to fence line only once before - at that time, it was midday and people where out there going about their business, mostly plowing the earth, pretending that we weren't invading anyone's privacy. But this time was different. This time it was dusk - which is prime time for mortar attacks. (insurgents use the blanket of the falling night to slip away after launching a mortar or two). Despite this, i couldn't resist getting a couple of snaps with my camera before heading back to the mosque. Here's what i came up with.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment