A few weeks ago I had the unique invitation to go south for 1 week. It was a domino effect really. The dentist down there was needed in an outlining camp so I was to go down to COB Adder to take his place. It was a really fun experience. I was able to see many patients and do a lot of different procedures. It turned out to one of their busier weeks so the help I gave was much appreciated. It's nice to be back to Balad but over all going down to Tallil (COB Adder) was a great experience.
Spl Margain and me before our "Special Ops mission"
This is the Ziggurat of Ur. It's located about 1/2 a mile outside of the fence line of COB Adder. It's the best preserved of the 25 remaining througout Iran/Iraq (mostly in Iraq). It's said the be the place of worship of Abraham's father.When i first arrived they told me that there were no more CHU. Instead of these nice rooms, i stayed in a tent (with an over reactive AC unit). Since i was told before leaving that i would be in a CHU i didn't brig any bedding or a sleeping bag. The first night in the tent i froze! i slept in a few layers of uniform, and a bath towel wrapped around my head. Luckily, they found a room for me to sleep the remainder of the time i was there!
4 comments:
Great job on these pics, I love them. And rad to have a visual of that looming edifice you tried to describe to me. I had NO idea it was so big. I had pictured this small square stone monument or something. So cool!
Dude, I love "the stache".
Hey Tim--This is your cousin Holly (Alexander)! Saw Carol, Natalie & your mom and dad last weekend--it was fun to see them. I just want to say THANK YOU for your service in Iraq. I really admire you and what you're are doing. Your photographs and words are great! Can't wait to check back for more.
Holly! Hey, how are you?! wow, it's been a while. Thanks for you comments. I look forward to seeing more. Too bad i missed out on the small family get-together.
See you!
Tim
Post a Comment