Sunday, June 14, 2009

This week has been a pretty interesting one. I’m posting a couple of pictures and video of some of the things that we did. We have a ton of down time. After viewing the pictures/videos you may say to yourself “wow, they sure goof off a lot”. This is a true statement. But we do so, in order to maintain our sanity.
One of the highlights of our army training this past week was the 9mm range. I have some great video of my friend CPT Clark as he goes through the 9mm range. Luckily I was able to qualify (at least a 16/30), as some people did not. I got a mildly respectable 21/30.




We had a BBQ on Friday. Wow! this army stuff is hard work.

This is one of 8 atomic bombs similar to those dropped on Japan during WWII. This one was never armed. The US had planned on dropping a few more then just the 2 that were actually dropped.


All these historic pictures were taken during our tour of a WWII museum down about 2 hrs away from Ft Hood. This was one of our work day. I know, lots of hard work going on down here.



Waiting, with attitude



Waiting for our turn at the 9mm range


A WWII era flame thrower


Is is an old restored WWII boat, the last of its kind on public display


CPT Schmutz with his new weapon


waiting


Hurry up and wait, Hooah!

This is CPT Clark, but we all went through a similar course

CPT Clark

1 comment:

DC Roses said...

Hey! I know a lot of those guys. It is fun to see them. Thanks for the update Tim.