That's right, i finally got to ride on a black hawk. One of my patients while i was down in Tallil offered to show me around. We spend all day with the crew - making 6 stops in all. We even went out as far as 800 m from the Iranian boarder. Very cool.

Camels anyone?


Preflight check up. This is the gunner. i was digging his Darth Vadder helmet.



This is an Iranian Base on the Iraq/Iran boarder. They are pretty well dug in and fortified. Hopefully NOT a foreshadowing.

A lone tree in the desert. The only one is about a 50 mile radius (or more)!

Ziggurat of Ur (see prior posts)


Pilot/co-pilot

Iraqi sunrise!

One happy army dentist. My favorite part of having the headset/radio on was talking in to the speaker "Roger that". The pilot was so nice to always warn me of something interesting coming. I'd hear on the radio "Captain, there's this thing here on the left side come up".
4 comments:
awesome pictuers!
Very cool! I love the lonely tree and the camels.
10-4 good buddy. the white dove is on the move. roger that. Now I know why you picked the radio in that gottman game.
dude, I'm gonna start calling you captain :).
Tim, that is killer! Kyle so wishes he was with you.... I don't take offense.... he has always wanted to be in the military strangely enough! Bye Bye to the stache! ha ha ha... that was one hot number!
Post a Comment