Here I was in the middle of suturing after a pretty mean extraction. Luckily I brought my battery and light so I was the only one “operational” during our rolling blackout. The patient was happy that I had my light as well.
Monday, October 5, 2009
I’m back down in Tallil again this week. This is my second time down here so I thought I was getting the hang of things. There are multiple challenges with being here. The dental clinic is closer to what a field dental clinic should look like. The dental chair I use is heavily used and doesn’t work quite right. There are flies buzzing around my head when I work. We are backed into a corner blocking the supply shelves so if something is needed, I have to move so others can access those supply. Lastly – sometimes, when the generator goes out, the lights go off!
Here I was in the middle of suturing after a pretty mean extraction. Luckily I brought my battery and light so I was the only one “operational” during our rolling blackout. The patient was happy that I had my light as well.

Here I was in the middle of suturing after a pretty mean extraction. Luckily I brought my battery and light so I was the only one “operational” during our rolling blackout. The patient was happy that I had my light as well.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
you make being a dentist look and sound so cool. blackouts, flies, sutures, helicopters, and the best...mutliple challenges. we are so proud of you. keep up the blog. we love and miss you.
Post a Comment